Envision San Angelo's next BIG project - groundbreaking 2014
| View Video Presentation | | View Announcement Reception Photos |
San Angelo Performing Arts Coalition achieves matching grant goal. Click here to read more.
With your minimum donation of $300, an engraved brick will be placed on the walkway between City Auditorium and the new Center. Click here for order form.
Mabee Foundation awards $750,000 challenge grant towards the project.
The San Angelo Performing Arts Center is a 501c3 non-profit organizaion.
While cooperating when possible, San Angelo's lead performing arts organizations face challenges and lack synergy, and San Angelo lacks a modern space for the performing arts.
- Angelo Civic Theatre operates its venue on Sherwood Way, but the 60-year-old converted movie theatre shows its age and presents limitations.
- The San Angelo Civic Ballet operates in a variety of converted former stores on Beauregard and Chadbourne. Studios are overcrowded, not
physically connected, and parking poses a problem.
- The San Angelo Symphony lacks rehearsal space and storage. The 90-year-old City Auditorium where it performs has great need for improved stage, back-of-house amenities, and handicap access.
- The San Angelo Cultural Affairs Council office operates now in the historic Cactus Hotel.
- San Angelo does not have a venue to accommodate and produce traveling shows.
While retaining independence, the arts organizations will realize savings, benefit from synergy, and perform in significantly enhanced venues by consolidating in one location. All venues also will be available to non-SAPAC organizations.
Contact us here.
- ACT gains a modern 300-seat main performance space with state-of-the-art equipment and back-of-house, dedicated youth program/rehearsal space, black box theatre, enhanced set-building and costuming spaces, dressing rooms, and offices.
- The Civic Ballet will have six studios and a Pilates studio integrated in one location with ample parking and safe drop-off and pick-up areas.
- The Symphony gains a vastly improved performance space, a rehearsal hall,
offices, dressing rooms, storage, and other amenities.
- SACAC gains a space with a variety of performance options, plus co-location with arts groups it serves.
- San Angelo gains City Auditorium amenities to accommodate traveling productions.